Breakfast Pizza Egg BitesAug 11, 2023
- 1/2 pound turkey Italian sausage
- 1/2 yellow onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 16-18 turkey pepperoni slices
- 6 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 muffin tins with 16-18 silicone muffin liners and spray with coconut oil spray to make sure nothing sticks.
- In a pan over medium heat, cook Italian sausage with onion and garlic, breaking the sausage in to small pieces, until browned and cooked through.
- Add Italian sausage to a large bowl, add pizza sauce, basil, salt and pepper. Mix to combined. Then add eggs in to the bowl and mix to combined one last time.
- Pour mixture into 16-18 cups leaving a little room in the muffin cup since the eggs will puff up while they cook. Top each muffin cup with a pepperoni slice then place in the oven to bake for 30-35 minutes, until cooked through in the middle.
COACH KRISTA TIP
This recipe should make between 16-18 cups. If it makes 16, then 4 is a serving. These are full sized muffin tins, however you could also use mini muffin tins. If 4 is too many for a serving, than eat less and adjust the nutritional info accordingly!