Walmart meal ideasJan 06, 2022
Many times we think of healthy eating equals expensive, restricted, and worst of all not tasty. Well I am here to tell you that's bull! You CAN eat healthy and enjoy it! Here are a few of my family favorites that won't break the bank.
Make-Ahead Breakfast Bowls
Getting my clients to eat breakfast in the morning can be a challenge, especially if you are trying to hustle kids out the door and answering WHY?!?! a million times... I hear you.
Here is a way to prep breakfast ahead of time so you can have a wholesome meal in 2 minutes!
- Start by tossing your potatoes with a little olive oil and seasoning with salt and pepper your potatoes.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, add them to your meal prep containers. You don’t need fancy containers, you can use whatever you have.
- Then, cook your breakfast sausage and any veggies you’d like.
- Distribute throughout the containers.
- Scramble your eggs, then….you guessed it! Add a portion to each container.
- Top with cheese if you'd like
- Allow to cool slightly, cover, and refrigerate.
- Add some fruit for some color.
Crispy Southwest Chicken Salad
This 2 ingredient recipe is so fast and delicious it's going to be a new staple!
- Start the chicken in the oven or air fryer while you make the salad.
- Grab a bagged salad, you can choose any kind you like. I chose the southwest version for this recipe. Dump the veggies in a bowl with the toppings. Start with about half of the dressing and toss the salad well.
- Once the chicken is done cooking, chop it up and put it on top of the salad.
Coach Krista's Notes:
- This recipe is a high protein with lots of veggies! Eating healthy CAN be simple!
- This is a GO-TO recipe that is perfect for busy days/nights when you are low on time or do not feel like cooking.
- Most of the calories in the salad are coming from the dressing, by only using half, you are cutting down the fat content significantly. If you want an even lower calorie option, you can skip the dressing completely and swap it for some salsa!
Spaghetti and Meatballs
This is always a family favorite. It is not only easy to make, but it also feeds a large family.
- Cook the meatballs and pasta according to package directions and add sauce! Easy meal!
- Feel free to add any extra veggies you like into the sauce. Peppers, onions, garlic, spinach all would be great options to amp up the nutritional value.
Coach Krista's Notes:
- This is a better option for a few reasons. The turkey meatballs are lower in saturated fat and cholesterol which is better for your heart health.
- The Banza pasta has more vitamins and minerals than traditional white pasta, and also more Fiber and protein!
- The pasta sauce does not have any added sugar compared to the original recipe which has 4g of added sugar
These will help curb that sweet tooth craving without ruining your whole day.
These are low-fat greek yogurts with fun toppings to satisfy any craving. These 2 flavors are my favorite. They still have added sugar, but you are getting in a little protein that will help keep you fuller longer.
These do the trick if you are craving ice cream. These are real ice cream, but just a smaller single serving.
One of the biggest tips I have for dessert-type foods is to buy something that is a single serving. There is nothing sadder than looking at a bowl is 1/2 cup of ice cream... am I right?
Healthy Cheesecake Pudding Cups
Make the pudding according to package directions using skim milk. Allow it to set in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
Once the pudding is set, add the bear bites to the bottom of a dish. I crushed mine up for more of a "crust". And then top with 1/2 cup of set pudding.
These bear bites are also pretty good dipped in the chocolate hummus!
Share your meals with me on social!